Handmade Fairtrade Animal Swazi Candle in Floral Pattern
Handmade Fairtrade Animal Swazi Candle in Floral Pattern. These beautiful animal candles are all handmade in the mountain kingdom of Eswatini (formerly Swaziland).
Small 7cm x 11cm
Large 15cm x 16cm
The artisans create the candles using the ancient technique of 'millifiore' (thousand flowers), a skill perfected in Italy to create the finest glass sculptures. This craft has been adapted and perfected for candle making by the Swazi candle artisans.
Each candle is made from two types of wax with the external patterned wax being an extremely hard wax veneer. This means that as the candle burns the soft inner core a beautiful glow shines through the pattern.
As the outer wax is so hard it holds its shape (more so with the large pillar) and you can re-use the candle by putting a tea light or small candle inside.
- Keep wick trimmed to 1/4 inch.
- Remove all packaging before use and place candle in a suitable container capable of containing any wax spillage.
- Burn candle away from draughts.
- Extinguish candle with snuffer or back of metal spoon taking care not to damage wick.
- Pour of molten wax if necessary to enhance flame.